Essential Updates for Accountants Day 1 Room 1
18th September 2019
Nigel Holmes FCA CTA
Simon Gray FCA
10:00am - 5:15pm
£0.00 per attendee
CPD Hours: 5
Course Code: PAB1923
10:00 - 10:45
Uncovering Tax Relief for your Clients presented by Nigel Holmes FCA CTA, Catax
Nigel will explain the often-overlooked tax reliefs:
- Research & Development
- Capital Allowances
- The Patent Box
We will provide guidance and advice on the most efficient accounting policies to adopt, including how best to maximise the benefit, directors pension planning and apportionment of costs for individuals and buildings. It will be an open forum, so questions can be asked throughout the workshops and the speaker will take questions of a confidential nature at the end, should the delegates prefer.
We will also spend time during the workshops outlining tips on how to maximise future claims ensuring that we are not only helping attendees with the ‘right now’ but also in the future.
10:45 - 11:30
AI and Open Banking: The next wave of digital disruption presented by Nick Longden, FreeAgent
Cloud accounting, GDPR and MTD have all had a huge impact on the accounting profession but what does the next wave of digital disruption look like?
Nick will discuss how Artificial Intelligence and Open Banking open up a host of changes in the accounting industry. He will talk about how practices can make the most of machine learning and the opportunities that data sharing will provide for you and your clients. Nick’s talk will cover:
- Digital Disruption - the story so far
- The next wave
- Examples of Artificial Intelligence in Accounting
- What is Open Banking
- What does this all mean
- When AI and Open Banking collide
12:00 - 12:45
Outsourcing and its importance presented by Chetan Kasim, Valenta BPO Solutions
Outsourcing is not a new term and has been in existence for well over 3 decades now. While some firms have implemented outsourcing extremely well, others have struggled with developing a strategy. Through this Course, we aim at covering several modules that will assist firms understand the outsourcing model better and also discuss ways to implement outsourcing.
The following will be covered:
- Introduction to outsourcing
- Why should outsourcing be considered in today’s day and age with technology?
- How can practices implement a successful outsourcing strategy
- Benefits of outsourcing
- Evaluating an outsourcing vendor / provider
- Security and compliance concerns
12:45 - 13:30
How to be Successful in a Changing Environment presented by Gordon Gilchrist, 2020 Innovation Training Ltd
Our industry is changing, technology is having a massive impact. Artificial intelligence and data analytics are now a reality. The rise of cloud accounting alters the way we deal with clients.
As a result, firms are faced with the choice of focusing on compliance services or widening their services to offer business advice in a more systematic way than they have done before.
Ian will provide an overview of latest developments taking place in our industry in the next 12 months, plus he will outline the key strategies for success and detail what the most successful firms do differently!
In this fast paced presentation Ian Fletcher will outline:
- How to position your firm in the high value sector of our industry
- The key business advisory skills you need
- Where to find the tools and resources you must have
- How to get deliver advice in a structured way
- The advice businesses will pay regularly for
13:30 - 14:15
14:15 - 15:00
The 5th Money Laundering Directive presented by Steven Taylor, Smart Search
Review of the amendments to the Anti-Money Laundering Regs and how these alterations will affect your business. Discuss the changes on the horizon and provide suggestions on how you can remain compliant without increasing your workload.
The Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017, commonly known as the Money Laundering Regs, were implemented in June 2017 and highlight, in great detail, what is expected of accountants and their business. However, the regulations can be difficult to interpret, are ever changing and require a lot of work from you. In this session we will:
- Have a discussion around the current regulations and what your regulator expects of you
- Highlight the key amendments that will affect you and your business
- Look at the affect these changes will have on your clients
- Review the steps needed to remain compliant in an ever-changing regulatory environment
- Consider the technology and tools available to simplify how you remain compliant
By the end of this session attendees should leave with a greater understanding of the Money Laundering Regulations and how technology can be used to make their lives easier whilst remaining fully compliant.
15:00 - 15:45
Bridging the Tax Expectation Gap presented by Debra Lowndes, Access2Funding
More information TBC
16:15 - 17:00
LinkedIn for Finance Professionals - What you need to know and why it matters presented by Simon Gray, Careercodex
In the competitive world of accountancy and finance, to grow your business or take your career to the next level you have to stand out.
Creating a personal brand and embracing the power of social media has never been more important. LinkedIn is no longer an option; it’s an absolute must.
Discover why and how to use LinkedIn to create a personal brand and utilise the platform proactively to achieve your business and career goals.
- Understand why LinkedIn is critical for business and career success.
- How to build a personal brand and increase your visibility on LinkedIn.
- LinkedIn marketing and the two ways to use the platform.
- How to create a LinkedIn headline that stands out.
- The importance of curating, creating and sharing content.
- The ‘hire cycle’ and how to build trust on LinkedIn.
Please see course details for more information on how to book Essential Updates for Accountants 10:00 - 17:15 for free today.