Essential Updates for Accountants Day 2
19th September 2019
10:00am - 5:15pm
£0.00 per attendee
CPD Hours: 5
Course Code: PAB1925
10:00 - 10:45
What's Next for R&D Tax? presented by Antoine Abbatucci, F. Initiatives
The UK’s R&D Tax relief scheme gives money back to innovative businesses – over £3.5 billion last year. In 2018 the Government announced changes to the amount employers can claim against their employee NICs – this, along with legislative changes made necessary by Brexit, will change who can claim tax relief and what for. This presentation will outline what the changes mean for you and advise you how to claim this year with a focus on a new way to do it through a cost-effective and easy-to-use platform.
- To have a clear and complete overview on the R&D Tax Industry:
- How to make an R&D Claim
- What are the benefits
- Who can apply
- News and updates
11:00 - 11:45
Growth Through your People presented by Dawn Coker, Access2Funding
12:00 - 12:45
Presented by Xero
12:45 - 13:30
13:30 - 14:15
The Future is Advisory presented by Ian Fletcher, 2020 Innovation Training Ltd
Our industry is changing, technology is having a massive impact. Artificial intelligence and data analytics are now a reality. The rise of cloud accounting alters the way we deal with clients.
As a result, firms are faced with the choice of focusing on compliance services or widening their services to offer business advice in a more systematic way than they have done before.
Ian will provide an overview of latest developments taking place in our industry in the next 12 months, plus he will outline the key strategies for success and detail what the most successful firms do differently!
- How to position your firm in the high value sector of our industry
- The key business advisory skills you need
- Where to find the tools and resources you must have
- How to get deliver advice in a structured way
- The advice businesses will pay regularly for
- The “Power of One ©!”
14:30 - 15:15
The 5th Money Laundering Directive presented by Steven Taylor, Smart Search
The Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017, commonly known as the Money Laundering Regs, were implemented in June 2017 and highlight, in great detail, what is expected of accountants and their business. However, the regulations can be difficult to interpret, are ever changing and require a lot of work from you. In this session we will
- Have a discussion around the current regulations and what your regulator expects of you
- Highlight the key amendments that will affect you and your business
- Look at the affect these changes will have on your clients
- Review the steps needed to remain compliant in an ever-changing regulatory environment
- Consider the technology and tools available to simplify how you remain compliant
By the end of this session attendees should leave with a greater understanding of the Money Laundering Regulations and how technology can be used to make their lives easier whilst remaining fully compliant.
15:30 - 16:15
Presented by R&D Tax Claims Ltd
16:30 - 17:15
More information TBC
Please see course details for more information on how to book Essential Updates for Accountants 10:00 - 17:15 for free today.